Costa Rica - July 7-14

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hot Springs and Rappelling

Yesterday we went to a hot springs resort. It was extremely fascinating that we were able to go and check out the different temperatures in the the different pools. One of the coolest parts of the hot springs resort was how “oddly” set up the pools were. I am unsure as to how this whole layout effecting the temperature works, but I frankly don’t care because the entire experience was heavenly. Their were some really cool waterfalls and natural jets in the pools. Actually, the first thing that I thought of when I was there, was that it seemed like a place were the “rich and famous” would hang out. I think that this was a very neat place.

But today we went rappelling. We went down waterfalls and just plain old rocks, but it was really rushing. I believe that this was one of the most adrenaline pumping moments of the trip. We went down four rock cliffs. It was really wet and wonderful. The views were amazing. The thrill of knowing that their are only two ropes keeping you from dropping to the ground was so exhilarating. At first, it was slightly nerve-racking but after the first drop, you figured out how to do it, and it became very fun. The highest, and first, cliff was 165 ft from the bottom. I really liked this adventure.

Overall, I think that today and yesterday were pretty cool and amazing. And I definitely liked all of the adventures we have done.

~~~Christopher Drummond

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are experiecing an adventure of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 8 days
When July 7 - 14, 2010
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology