Costa Rica - July 7-14

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summary

My most favorite things on this trip were zip lining, rappelling down the waterfalls, and the intense games of marco polo at night. You can’t forget all the little things like the swimming with the Bri-Bri and the coconut expedition on the beach. I learned that it’s really hard to break a coconut without a specialized tool, like a machete would do it. Also, the food here is phenomenal. I couldn’t get enough of the chocolate:D HAHA!  Anyway I had an amazing time and gladly I took a lot of pictures so I can remember this one in a life time trip. 

                                                                                                 *JOE C.*

4 comments:

  1. Joe, We are so glad we could send you on this trip to experience all of these wonderful adventures. Maybe we can visit Costa Rica as a family and you will be able to teach us about the country and it's many wonderful bounties. I would like to thank the Hirschey's and DSA staff for providing this safe and rewarding experience for our children. Have a safe trip home we will see you at the airport tomorrow night. Godspeed. Sincerely Wendy & David Castaldo (Joe's Parents)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe,

    Once you have been bitten by the travel bug, you hopefully will keep on traveling! Go on your high school senior class trip, and spend your junior year of college abroad, even if it means eating a lot of Ramen Noodles! I try to take a trip every five years, and if I could it would be more! (Don't forget my chocolate! - JK! haha)XOXO

    Kids- I bring back a simple rock or shell from every where I go, from The Valley of the Kings, Egypt, to Lake Placid, NY. Find something simple that you can collect and bring back from your travels!

    Gina Taro

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the world has been opened up for you with this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The travel bug is a wonderful thing to have. There are many places in this world to visit and lots of different things to experience. Keep an open mind and take in all the experiences you can. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 8 days
When July 7 - 14, 2010
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology