Costa Rica - July 7-14

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Manana nos vamos para Costa Rica!

IMG_4996

Tomorrow we leave for Costa Rica and I am so excited!

I got all my stuff packed, and now I’m just waiting for the time to pass.  Base camp gave me so many gadgets to document our adventure that I now have to check a bag rather than going with just my carry-on. Of course being the tech geek that I am I added a few.

  • Laptop – Mine, I only share if you ask nicely!
  • Netbook – So you can all blog about your adventures.
  • Camera – So we can see all of your smiling faces!
  • GPS – I want to track any hiking we do, plus we can see how fast we go in the zip lines!
  • Underwater video camera – for underwater video goodness. I had to arm wrestle for it!
  • SPOT Satellite Messenger – for telling Base Camp where we are.

So I need some ideas about how we can mashup and use some of these things.  I’m thinking about using the GPS, our cameras and Google Earth or Everytrail.com to show where our pictures were taken.  I’m sure there are other things we can do as well.

Thanks for putting up with me why I geek out a bit. I look forward to meeting all of you in San Jose.  Have an awesome flight!

-- Geoff
DSA’s head geek

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geoff! I have a very excited and happy boy that misses you very much. We can't wait to say hi! F sends an air hug! There it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 8 days
When July 7 - 14, 2010
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology